Monday, March 12, 2012

hamburg germany

I was just sitting in bed, drinking some Nighty night tea and going through a folder on my desktop labeled "organize me", full of about 6 months worth of junk and photos.. and i found all the pictures i took in europe this last fall and i realized there were some cities that i never posted.
Maybe I wasn't in a hurry to post these of Hamburg because we didn't like it very much. It was pretty dumpy and didn't have much as far as sight seeing... and it was SO COLD. So cold I couldn't even stand to have my hands out of my pockets to take pictures.


One funny thing happened though! The guys were in line at a fast food restaurant and I was sitting down with candy i bought from the grocery store and a gentleman came over and starting talking to me in German and pointing at my candy. I was obviously confused but after a few minutes of broken english from him i gathered he wanted a piece of my candy... and even gave me money for it. He kept saying "favorite! favorite!" I don't know if asking strangers for candy is common over there but i thought maybe I should do that more in the states.. how amazing would that be?

Hamburg
Hamburg
Hamburg
Hamburg


Hamburg
Hamburg
Hamburg


sidenote: we're all moved in to our new place! i use that lightly since only about 50% is in place and totally livable but we're in and slowly but surely making it more homey. it seems like it always takes me FOREVER to actually get stuff hung up and decor in place. I can't wait to show you my new workspace.. i'm calling it my studio because that sounds fancier and more fun! I'll have a little tour as soon as its all set up.

8 comments:

  1. Ah organise me, does that folder work? I get so confused what i have sorted or not. photos often get overlooked.

    Gorgeous photos, the birds, the water, the light, the PRUSSE building.

    looking forward to seeing new studio pics! woot. do you think you'll get the fall floral fabric back in? love the print.

    Barnicles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really not common here to ask strangers for candy. actually the most germans are not really outgoing and a lot of us are to 'bourgeois' to act like that. it's a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could just go up to some random person and ask for a piece of their candy!! hahaha!! Beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have traumatic memories of getting completely lost by bike in the endless ports of outer Hamburg. Not to be repeated! I kept thinking 'I'm sure Hamburg is nice, but I haven't seen that bit!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful pictures! I really want to follow your blog. All I have ever used is google connect, but I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha this is really not common for germans, the most would ignore this man or say "no" and just go away. ^^ Would love to meet this guy. And I totally agree with you, hamburg is not a nice city. Or I just went to the wrong places haha.
    Btw love your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS