Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lavender Lemonade Popsicles

Lavender lemonade popsicles
Lavender lemonade popsicles

Lemonade is my go-to drink when its super hot outside. I seriously crave it everyday in the summer months. So I combined two of my favorite things (actually, three) and made lavender lemonade popsicles. Genius! And I'm going to be honest... I ate 10 of these babies in the span of three days. They are so refreshing, I couldn't stop. I took the easy route and used the concentrate method below but I bet the homemade way would be even better. Also since they were indeed lavender I wanted to add a little color so I just squeezed a few defrosted frozen blueberries into the molds and voila! They are totally ombré too... let's pretend I did that on purpose ;)

And since people always ask: I use these molds and love them!

The homemade way:


2-1/2 cups water

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers

2-1/2 cups cold water

1 cup lemon juice


In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; add lavender. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Strain, discarding lavender. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Pour into popsicle molds. Squeeze a few defrosted frozen blueberries into the mold to add a little color.


The easy (but still delicious) way:

Make a pitcher of lemonade from frozen concentrate (I always use the one from Trader Joe's)
Juice one lemon and add it to the concentrate. Make a lavender simple syrup by heating 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons of lavender. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat and let sit for one hour. Strain the lavender buds out of the simple syrup and add the syrup to the pitcher. Mix everything together and pour into popsicle molds. Squeeze a few defrosted frozen blueberries into the mold to add a little color.




3 comments:

  1. I can totally make this! I'm so excited... oh, just need the popsicle mold..

    Valentina
    Valentina Duracinsky Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using lavender in sweets always seems so fancy! These look lovely and lavender lemonade is one of my favorite drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! These are super cute!!! I can't wait to try them myself :D
    Juli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS